Happy Veterans Day! Celebrate Veterans with a status update, picture, or quote…
Veterans Day Status Updates 2014:
- Dear Santa This year for Christmas I’d like; no wait… Forget that. Get in your sleigh, go over seas, get our soldiers and bring them home. They deserve to be with their family’s on Christmas.
- It doesn’t matter where you’re from. Somebody died so you could live. Think about that more than once today and thank a Veteran.
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” -Maya Angelou
- The more we sweat in peace the less we bleed in war.
- In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned.When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
- “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.” -G.K. Chesterton
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” -Cynthia Ozick
- Whether you call today Veterans Day, Remembrance Day, Armistice Day or even Poppy Day take a moment and pay thanks to our Veterans.
- In honor of Veterans Day. Thanks to all that have given.
- “Freedom is never free.” -Author Unknown
- When our perils are past, shall our gratitude sleep?” -George Canning
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” -Elmer Davis
- While only one day of the year is dedicated solely to honoring our veterans, Americans must never forget the sacrifices that many of our fellow countrymen have made to defend our country and protect our freedoms.
- “Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.” -Michel de Montaigne
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- Nobody ever drowned in sweat. -US Marines
- It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you.
- Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men. -George Patton
- The sanctity of our battlefields, monuments, and veterans institutions is of utmost importance to preserve military history and pay respect to those who fought.
- “I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot.” —Gary Hart
- On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free.
Assistance Dog Helps Veteran Deal with PTSD…
If that resonated with you. Please consider donating to Patriot Paws or a similar organization to help vets get the love they deserve.