Happy Birthday, America. This independence day, share these…
4th of July Facebook Status Updates:
- “The Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: “We will not go quietly into the night!” We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!” – Independence Day
- “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.” -JFK
- As y’all watch fireworks tomorrow night, remember all those Military Heroes who have made huge sacrifices to defend our freedom.
- Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Albert Einstein~
- We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.
- If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace.
- Where liberty dwells, there is my country.
- How often we fail to realize our good fortune in living in a country where happiness is more than a lack of tragedy.
- All men profess honesty as long as they can. To believe all men honest would be folly. To believe none so is something worse.
- Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty.
Top 10 Statuses this week on Facebook…
- When I was your age my whole family shared one phone, and it was attached to the kitchen wall by a cord.
- I’m a master at awkward silences with people I don’t know.
- My main issue with life is that it feels simultaneously like everything is too much and nothing will ever be enough.
- The only phone number I have memorized is my childhood friend’s parent’s so hopefully they’re helpful if I’m ever in a jam.
- They should have cell phone chargers in waiting rooms instead of magazines.
- I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes, “Man, you’re such a Cheetah!” and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- That awkward moment when you don’t know how to continue the conversation.
- My version of a happy ending is finding the secret stash of fries in the bottom of the bag.
- Look up from your phone… There’s some life going on around you.
- Can I get likes for no reason?
This is what happens when all the fireworks go off at once (San Diego, 2012):
You had one job! Happy 4th of July everybody 🙂
Bill Pullman Independence Day Speech redone on the 4th of July:
That took a lot of courage. Overall, it was pretty awesome 🙂 As a little bonus, here’s the original speech!